Meet Molly

Before I moved to the States back in ’96, I used to have a cat and was forced to leave it with a neighbor when I moved, since I think it would have been hard for it to adjust to a new environment. I had every intention of getting a new kitten once I got there, but for some reason or another, it just never happened. I always told myself that once I graduated college and got my own apartment and everything, I would adopt a little kitten, because they are just so cute and provide great companionship.. especially if you live by yourself half-way across the world from everyone you know…

Since I am finally half-way settled into my new apartment in Munich, I decided it was time to adopt a kitten. Her name is Molly. She is very cute. At first glance, she looks looks completely black, but she actually has gray stripes. Her exact birthday is unknown to me, but I’m going to go ahead and set it on July 1st. I adopted her from a farm north of town where she would have had an otherwise short and miserable life. Karen helped me pick out the name, because I am terrible with thinking up good names and someday, hopefully, it will be her cat too. :)

FredAugust 15th, 2007 at 12:17

Nah, nah, I must insist, you don’t live that far away of *everyone* you know ๐Ÿ˜‰

On another side note, why didn’t you put the birthday on July 4th instead? I mean, it already has stripes, now you are only missing some stars!

Jean PierreAugust 15th, 2007 at 16:24

You can see the stars twinkling in her eyes! There you go: an all-american cat!

Welcome, Molly!

zachAugust 16th, 2007 at 02:31

man…Jabba gets all the pussy.

plordAugust 16th, 2007 at 02:52

as evenson said… cute puss ๐Ÿ˜‰

MuddaAugust 16th, 2007 at 07:43

Congrats on your second German kitten! They tend to be more orderly than their American cousins, they like their litter boxes changed often and the windows cleaned once a week. Since this kitten is from Bavaria don’t forget the occasional weisswurst and saucer of beer. Prost!

zachAugust 17th, 2007 at 06:05

Listen to your mother. Pretty soon your teutonic feline will begin to passive-aggressively let you know when she would like to be let out and start to stare at you uncomfortably until you ask “na, hallo?!”

KarenAugust 17th, 2007 at 16:39

ha ha ha you are all funny! Jabba, Molly is cute and thank you for letting me name her! I’ll get to see our Molly in December yay! I miss you! See you in 47 days!

KarenNovember 25th, 2007 at 17:59

Dude, Jabba, you need to change the last part of your blog saying “hopefully”. Now that you have proposed and I have said yes, it will happen. She will be my cat. sigh.