I don't care for most things…

… but at the top of this list are MySpace, Microsoft, and Albany, OR. What do you think the world would be better off without? I’m just curious about what gets other people really riled up. Leave me a comment with your pet peeve.

MuddaApril 9th, 2007 at 15:54

People who drive big cars, live in huge houses and complain daily about how expensive energy costs are. Dude, get a sustainable life.
The world would be better off without sticky things; no syrup, honey, pitch, etc. Yuck!
We could do without tall people, it makes it hard for short ones to see, maybe a height reduction for people over 5 foot 6. (Exemption for basketball players)

EvensonApril 10th, 2007 at 10:38

People who hate freedom. I’m looking at you socialist Europe.

TrabbaApril 10th, 2007 at 11:01

I’m not very fond of people who don’t like people who don’t like big cars, live in huge houses and complain daily about how expensive energy costs are. Dude, get a sustainable life.

But really I just don’t like people who don’t like sticky things and tall people.

Everything else is okay… except inferior beer, food that doesn’t taste like anything, people who complain about smokers, Americans, foreigners, skanky make-up, the person reading this, work, lazy people who don’t like work, short pencils, long toe-nails, X-mas, you, poorly made paper airplanes, bad coffee, world peace, Chinese accents, people that don’t like rubber duckies, people that say überanything, Zachary Joseph Evenson, polluted water, hippies, old PCs and all PC users that call me, countries without flushing toilettes, American cheese laws, Iowa and Arkansas, Megg from Family Guy, the Rolling Stones and Queen, people that like said bands, people that care what Operating System I use, not using a coaster on wooden tables, architechture that is not meant for posterity but for functionalism, fascists, communists, democrats and republicans.

M’kay.

Alex PolviApril 10th, 2007 at 13:16

People who say “there isn’t enough time”.

FredApril 10th, 2007 at 13:47

I hate when people say überanything too! Well, I even hate it in general when people try to make stuff sound German. Or when they put two dots somewhere over a word to make it look German (looking at you, Smoöthie place at McNary!). Grrr.

I don’t like tramp stamps. I oppose the “three computers are enough” movement. Instruments that are off tune. Paid wifi. NTSC.

And just about a million more 😉

micahApril 11th, 2007 at 03:38

clowns… they’ve always greatly disturbed me..
oh and that’s a 2nd on albany, the great foot fungus of oregon

TrabbaApril 12th, 2007 at 00:04

Hey, but three computers ARE enough. I just want 6 screens with one keyboard and mouse.

KarenApril 12th, 2007 at 20:09

people who hate microsoft.

JabbaApril 12th, 2007 at 21:03

I just remembered another one that is right there at the very top of the list: Wal-Mart!

FredApril 13th, 2007 at 00:33

Looks to me like you forgot Home Depot :)

Jean PierreApril 24th, 2007 at 08:25

Now one mentioned Lotus Notes so far?

I’ve started my computer 30 minutes ago and am still waiting for Notes to replicate with the european mail server. Yeah, my mail is still stored on a server in beautiful south-western Germany. It seems a huge effort to transfer my mailbox to an american Domino server. It’s Lotus Notes so I expected that :(

I don’t have to note that my computer is unusable so far because Notes eats up all of the CPU time?

JabbaApril 24th, 2007 at 18:46

Luckily I’ve never had to use Lotus Notes. I am assuming it as annoying as Outlook, which tends to behave as you describe Lotus Notes… One more pet peeve of mine: People that use “there”, “their” and “they’re”, or “to”, “too” and “two” incorrectly.

Jean PierreApril 24th, 2007 at 20:34

Your answer just made me spellchecking my previous comment twice — I hope I didnt’ have two much mi-steaks in they”re. 😛

Oh, and while I wrote that comment, the IT admins really managed to move my mailbox to a server in Michigan which is a little bit closer to California but the connection still lacks some speed…

JabbaApril 25th, 2007 at 04:37

Hahaha. No I wasn’t saying it to you. I was just stating it. Germans seem to always get their spelling of those words correct. 😉

SiliconJanuary 2nd, 2010 at 22:57

Nice idea! I was thinking about writing something along these same lines. Will have to bookmark this for future reference.